Friday, October 5, 2012

The Secret Garden

This door. This door, was enchanting. Today, Hailey & I day-tripped to Bath for a little inspiration and wow, did we find some. We woke up this morning & hopped on a train strait Harry Potter style. Even the station looked like platform nine & three-quarters - we cried a little. Then we traveled a bit of the countryside & I swear I saw Mr Darcy & Elizabeth Bennet roaming the hills & woods - I smiled a little. THEN, when we got there, we had High Tea at a darling little alley store strait out of Alice in Wonderland - we giggled, a lot. This door is one of many that I never want to forget because it perfectly photographs the city - lush, green & overgrown with character. It was our own secret garden for a day - what a dream. As we rode the train back to London, I couldn't help but think what a treasure this day will hold in my memory & how sweet it is that the Lord gives us days such as these. We don't deserve days full of secret gardens, but He helps us stumble upon them anyway. May your day be overgrown, just because it can be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment